Research has shown that career prospects are a key consideration for international students as they decide where to apply, and that dedicated career services are a critical – but often over-looked – campus function. To provide institutions with actionable recommendations about connecting with employers, supporting students, and systematizing effective approaches, WES conducted a survey and interviews with key personnel at higher education institutions in the U.S.
Highlights include insights into:
- Main takeaways and recommendations for institutions
- Key challenges faced by institutions in providing career services to international students and potential solutions
- The effectiveness of typical career services practices when used with international students
- A discussion of the importance of providing differentiated services for international students
- Practices in determining best practices for your institution